I’ve got nothing. Nothing but random.
- It’s turning beautiful here in our little corner of Pennsylvania. I love October,
- Total number of deer observed along the drive from work’s parking lot last Wednesday: seven
Total number of turkey observed that same day: five
My personal deer number observation record: twenty seven
Total number of geese observed today: Approximately thirty
I make a game of counting the deer as I leave work. This time of year it is peek deer watching time when leaving. My employer owns roughly 180 suburban acres on which my workplace is situated. I swear the animals know it’s posted. It’s wild kingdom out there.
- My brother can fit an astonishing amount of second-hand (more like fifth-hand) furniture in his tiny yet efficient car.
- It feels really good to unload fifth-hand furniture I’ve been saving for just such an occasion. Here’s a tip to those of you who, like my brother, think that it might be a good idea to someday buy a house with lots of storage: Don’t. The more space you have to store junk, the more junk you will accumulate. If, like us, your house is too small for the regular stuff let alone a bunch of extraneous stuff, you will be forced to minimize extraneous stuff. Of course this means you’ll always be fighting the battle of the stored junk, much like yo-yo dieters are always trying to drop a pound or twenty. You will find yourself with thirty Easter baskets in the basement and wonder how they got there and vow to be more vigillant. You will slip and allow a (generic) Tupperware collection to accrue. It will bury you when you open the cupboard to get some tarragon. You will throw out the (generic) Tupperware. It will return.
- I have no cupboard doors on my kitchen cabinets right now. (what other type of doors would I have on my cabinets?) It makes cooking just that much faster to not have to open and close doors! I’m living this way on purpose! Not because I haven’t managed to finish stripping the paint off the doors! Exclamation points are buy one get one free in this poorly constructed paragraph!